Skunkworks is a bold and innovative new studio based in the heart of Helsinki, the European capital of mobile game development. We are a startup founded in 2019 with a growing team of diverse and international employees. Our goal is to reach, understand and engage underserved audiences.
Our core belief is that innovation should not stop with games and products, but in how a studio is built and operated. The ambition at Skunkworks is to stop at nothing to create an inclusive and supportive environment that allows people to thrive and grow together. Most importantly, we give everyone the opportunity to challenge the status quo.
As a Game Programmer at Skunkworks Games, you work closely together with other developers, designers, artists, and QA, to build new features and systems on our games that are seen by thousands of players worldwide.
- Plan, implement and modify game features, including gameplay elements, game flows, in-game UI, tooling and other applicable development work, in Unity.
- Refactor and maintain existing code base to meet the project’s code framework and technical performance standards.
- Collaborate with other developers, and ensure knowledge is shared within the team.
- Provide technical documentation for features and systems whenever applicable.
- Communicate effectively with other members of the team.
For this position you will need
- Knowledge and practical experience of the Unity3D engine.
- Experience with development for mobile devices.
- Extensive knowledge of C# in Unity’s ecosystem.
- Practical knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience with a common IDE like Rider or Visual Studio.
- Experience with version control systems, preferably Git.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Great communication skills and the ability to give feedback.
- Attention to detail, great organizational skills and a testing mindset.
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools.
Bonus points from
- Experience with release management.
- Knowledge of Unity’s user interface implementation tools (Unity UI, TextMeshPro).
- Experience with asynchronous programming models.
- Experience with integrating third-party libraries.
- Experience with test management tools.
- Studies or a degree in computer science, game development or adjacent fields.
- Awareness of test automation frameworks.
- Experience of working in the game industry.
- A working place where we put a lot of focus on developing you in your career
- A great working-life balance, with work-from-home opportunity
- Being part of scaling up a young game studio
- Awesome, talented colleagues with diverse backgrounds
- Extended health care, annual dental support and other benefits to support your wellbeing
- Nice, comfy office in the center of Helsinki