YOU'LL INTERACT A LOT WITH
January 5, 2022
Skunkworks is a bold and innovative new studio based in the heart of Helsinki, the European capital of mobile game development. We are a startup founded in 2019 with a growing team of 30+ diverse and international employees. Our goal is to reach, understand and engage underserved audiences.
Our core belief is that innovation should not stop with games and products, but in how a studio is built and operated. The ambition at Skunkworks is to stop at nothing to create an inclusive and supportive environment that allows people to thrive and grow together. Most importantly, we give everyone the opportunity to challenge the status quo.
We’re looking for a Head of People Operations to build, develop and run Skunkworks’ HR function. The work includes executing practical day-to-day HR admin work as well as designing HR processes and frameworks which best support the company’s needs and future direction. This role is for someone who is ready to take initiative and pick up new things as they arise. The Head of People Operations has a key role in supporting Skunkworks’ growth and delivering excellent candidate and employee experience.
- Advising employees, supervisors and leadership on any HR matters
- Owning the people plan, including collaborating with the COO and the CEO on the organization and the game team structure and creating and updating a hiring pipeline.
- Owning the recruitment process and creating exceptional candidate experience. This includes communicating with candidates, making offers and employment contracts and taking care of all relocation related matters
- Owning general employee onboarding. Evaluating, improving and implementing the onboarding process and creating and updating onboarding material such as employee handbook
- Owning HR systems, data and reporting
- Designing, improving and implementing company policies and HR processes to minimize administrative work needed from the team and to automate manual processes.
- Ensuring that relevant legislation is followed in every HR process (e.g. GDPR, labour law, health and safety, etc.)
- Collaborating closely with CFO and COO to ensure that salaries are competitive, employees are paid fairly and that compensation data is accurate. Gathering relevant benchmark data of compensation at competition in Finland and other countries, analyzing the data and making suggestions based on the findings.
- Driving employer branding initiatives and representing Skunkworks at relevant events such as job fairs or such
- Owning holiday planning including creating the holiday request and approval process
- Proactively collaborating with occupational health care provider and exploring ways to ensure high employee wellbeing
For this position you will need
- Strong HR generalist background
- Experience in designing, executing and evaluating HR processes
- Strong knowledge of Finnish employment legislation
- Fluency in Finnish and English
- Experience in using HRIS and ATS systems, building reports
- Ability to analyze HR data and design relevant KPIs to track the progress
- Strong sense of ownership
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Great communication skills and the ability to give and receive feedback
- Strong attention to detail and great organizational skills
Bonus points from
- Experience of collective agreements (especially IT Service sector)
- Experience in working in a tech/game company
- A working place where we put a lot of focus on developing you in your career
- A great working-life balance
- Being part of scaling up a young game studio
- Awesome, talented colleagues with diverse backgrounds’
- Extended health care, annual dental support and other benefits to support your wellbeing
- Nice, comfy office in the center of Helsinki
Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved Get Involved