Skunkworks is a bold and innovative new studio based in the heart of Helsinki, the European capital of mobile game development. We are a startup founded in 2019 with a growing team of diverse and international employees. Our goal is to reach, understand and engage underserved audiences.
Our core belief is that innovation should not stop with games and products, but in how a studio is built and operated. The ambition at Skunkworks is to stop at nothing to create an inclusive and supportive environment that allows people to thrive and grow together. Most importantly, we give everyone the opportunity to challenge the status quo.
As the QA Coordinator you own the quality of our hit game Merge Friends, to ensure that the high standards we have for the game are met. At the very core, you work hands-on with testing the game and developing our testing pipeline. When applicable, you coordinate with an external quality assurance team. You will collaborate and work closely with every discipline in the team, and will be a key member in all aspects of the game’s development.
- Write, review and execute test cases and formulate test plans, as well as develop and communicate the QA pipeline.
- Organize testing activities, internally as well as with our QA outsourcing partner, to execute test plans, and provide feedback to outsourced testers.
- Create detailed bug reports in our bug tracking database, Jira, keeping track of bugs from creation to regression.
- Communicate the status of both QA builds and Release Candidate builds to the development team.
- Perform regression testing to verify whether a bug has been fixed, and to ensure bug fixes have not adversely affected other areas of the product(s).
- Organize testing activities, internally within the team and with external regression teams.
- Create, evaluate and maintain user-friendly documentation to properly test specific areas of the game.
- Assist the rest of the team with a variety of tasks, including but not limited to: customer service reports, screenshot or video capture, and general troubleshooting.
- Be the voice of the player experience, while understanding the guidelines and specifications set forth by the team.
For this position you will need
- Experience with quality assurance in mobile, software and/or game development.
- Experience with work management and documentation tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence).
- Experience with test management tools.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Great communication skills and the ability to give feedback.
- Attention to detail, great organizational skills and a testing mindset.
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools.
- Knowledge of Unity or relevant game development platform.
Bonus points from
- Experience with release management.
- Studies or a degree in computer science, user experience design, game design, game development or adjacent field.
- Awareness of test automation frameworks.
- Experience of working in the game industry.
- A working place where we put a lot of focus on developing you in your career
- A great working-life balance
- Being part of scaling up a young game studio
- Awesome, talented colleagues with diverse backgrounds’
- Extended health care, annual dental support and other benefits to support your wellbeing
- Nice, comfy office in the centre of Helsinki